The Koch Cultural Trust Selection Committee awards grants semiannually, as funds are available, to those students, who in the committees’ opinion, need and deserve extra support to help in their artistic endeavors.
Enabling Grants are not for students matriculating through degree granting programs. Applicants must have a connection to Kansas and be involved with performing or visual arts.
The grants have a maximum amount of $5,000.
Please note that the deadlines have changed. The deadline for grants are as follows:
- March 1
- October 1
Since 1988, KCT has relied upon a committee comprised of Wichita art leaders to select grant recipients. The selection committee makes quarterly awards to those artists who need and deserve extra support to advance their talents.
- Howard Ellington, KCT executive director; trustee and director emeritus of Mark Arts
- Wayne Bryan, producing artistic director, Music Theatre Wichita
- Catherine Consiglio, Professor of Viola, Wichita State University; Artistic Director Chamber Music at The Barn
- Polly Gentry, painter/artist, trustee, Mark Arts
- Cecil Riney, retired chairman of the fine arts department, Friends University
- Stan Rogers, retired associate professor and director of the ballet department, Friends University
Required Application Materials
A complete application file includes the following:
- Completed application form online
- Official transcripts of your academic record
- Two online evaluation forms (These will be emailed to you and should be completed by those who can comment on your ability and interest.)
- A list of all tutorial instruction
- A list of all performances, prizes and recognitions
- A personal photo suitable for a press release
- Audio or visual illustrations of your work
All materials submitted become property of the Koch Cultural Trust and will not be returned unless otherwise agreed upon. Auditions at the applicant’s own expense may be required of finalists. Decisions of the Selection Committee are final and all information remains confidential. Attendance and performance may be required of finalists at future Awards Banquets. Please answer all questions on the application accurately.
- October 1
- March 1